Every day people make many purchases online or find the contact information of the desired company in search engines, so even small companies need a website to be competitive. But to make a site from scratch on WordPress (if you are not a professional developer), you need to spend a considerable amount of time and shovel up a lot of material to make at least something similar to the site. Moreover, with 2-3 attempts, you succeed. However, for beginners, there is a great deal more straightforward way – creating a website with the help of online designers.
If to talk about statistics, 30% of sites on the entire Internet use the WordPress blogging platform. A study of the W3Techs service contains such data, which analyzes 10 million websites from the Amazon Alexa ranking.
The share of WordPress on the Internet increased by nine percentage points over two and a half years – the platform reached 32.8% in 15th Jan 2019.
Among all sites using content management systems (CMS), the share of WordPress on Jan 15 reached 59.5%. The nearest competitor, Joomla, accounts for 5.7% of all sites and 6.3% of websites using CMS.
Analysts at W3Techs noted that 50.2% of all sites in the world were created from scratch or do not use CMS. Their experts did not analyze in detail.
Reasons why you should create your website on WordPress:
- Economically profitable, because you do not have to pay for the platform;
- Ease of management, which means that an inexperienced user will be able to cope with managing; you can easily use a visual editor; text-, image addition resembles Word office program, which is why even a newbie will make it work.
- Many opportunities. By installing additional plugins, you can improve the functionality of the site, while spending a minimum;
- Security. Pick up a virus or malicious code on a website created on the WordPress system is almost impossible. Vulnerabilities, if any, can be easily removed;
- Almost any hosting is suitable for this platform, and this is very convenient;
- Easy and quick development of the site – installation, use, change, rework;
- Easily found developers on WordPress-based site technical support;
- Multifunctional site administration; a user-friendly admin panel let single interface. Any user can manage the site. There are no special skills required.
- A lot of plugins and modules for SEO promotion; web search engines likes WordPress websites and put them on top in search results. For a significant optimization, a plugin is required to be installed using which title, description, and keywords are filled in.
- Your website can be multilingual; WordPress allows to add as many languages as you want and to manage them through the admin panel.
- Open code. For those users who understand a system, there is an opportunity to work on themes on one`s own and create plugins of one`s own.
#1 Although original pouf WordPress was blogging, it is available for opening an e-shop. All you need to do is to install several plug-ins. WP eCommerce and eShop are the most common. The first is used to create a significant and functional online store, and the second is when you need to carry out a small project, the so-called “Internet stall.” You can also use the eShop plugin to create product catalogs on the website. Another popular plugin is WooCommerce, the functionality of which provides excellent possibilities for creating full-fledged online stores. Online stores built on WordPress, as a rule, heavy load servers. Therefore, it is better to install them on hosting, in which you are sure. Some hosters even offer special WordPress hosting.
#2 Static sites. These sites include business cards, portfolios, personal home pages of users, some product catalogs, company websites. Create such sites using WordPress is also possible, you only need to make a few unique settings. If in the case of a blog, the latest entries are available for viewing on the main page, then in the case of the above sites you need to customize the display of a static page (and you can do as many of these pages as you need).
#3 Coupon and discount websites is a great way to make money in affiliate marketing. To create such a site on WordPress, you need to find a suitable template, the choice of which, as already mentioned, is enormous. Installing the necessary plug-ins for the coupon site also will not cause difficulties, especially since it can be done directly from the admin panel. The coupons site may require several plugins, some of them are: Coupon Generator (to create printed coupons), GD Star Rating (for coupon ratings), VoucherPress (to create cards and tickets in PDF format), and many others.
WordPress offers many templates and themes for media and news sites. They have full functionality for sites of this type, which allows you to create the perfect news site for any target audience.
#4 Advertising site. Create WordPress site ads allow WP Classifieds WordPress Plugin and Another WordPress Classifieds Plugin. By installing one of these modules, you can create a full-fledged website with ads, where you can categorize ads into categories, monitor their ranking and the number of views.
#5 Even though there are many other platforms for creating panels, WordPress also creates discussions. For these purposes, use the plugin Simple: Press Forum, which provides all the essential features for registering users, discussing topics, searching within the forum, etc.
A company is standing behind the platform nurture plans for some years to come, which is why the website of yours is going to remain of present interest and become better in due course. The opportunities for your site are unlimited with WordPress. Before hiring a web designer and spend a grand for a non-effective website, give a chance to WordPress and make yourself sure of how forceful it is. Trying WordPress once, you will not feel like going back to HTML ever again.